This position has been filled
We are a well-funded, high-growth scale-up company aiming to disrupt and make history in the tunneling industry and the wider world of engineering.
We have an immediate requirement to hire a site based lab technician with working knowledge of typical geolab test facilities preferably with experience of working on site – to deliver test results and reports in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for:
- Sample preparation before undertaking tests
- Performing tests on soil, rock and aggregate samples in the lab
- Accurate recording of test data
- Writing reports in a timely manner
- Assisting in the calibration and maintenance of technical equipment
- Maintaining a safe, neat and orderly laboratory environment
You will report to the Lead Geotechnical Engineer.
This role requires the following attributes:
- The ability to prioritize at all time
- Creativity and adaptability
- Capacity to test and learn at pace
- Sound judgement
- Presentation skills
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Ideally with site and lab experience
- Should be able to test and analyze samples to determine their content and characteristics, using laboratory tools and testing equipment
- Capable of collecting or preparing solid or fluid samples for testing
- Working knowledge of standard Geotech toolset beneficial (Matest kit…)
- Understanding of statistics
If you are interested in this position, please email us with your CV.
hyperTunnel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that respects, supports and inspires all individuals and in which HR processes are merit-based and applied without any discrimination.