Less Environmental Impact
The unique combination of proven technologies brings together best practices from industries as diverse as open cast mining to 3D printing. Our radical new infraTech process seeks to overcome the huge challenges in tunnelling and underground works where current options remain expensive, slow and unable to eliminate risk.
Flexible Solutions to Tunnelling Needs
The hyperTunnel method being developed is by design modular in structure. The individual processes work together for a complete tunnel solution or individually to resolve specific underground issues.
For New Structures
The hyperTunnel Process is a revolutionary methodology to create a complete tunnel or underground structure.
For Existing Structures
We will use a combination of bespoke modules to expand the capabilities of current assets whilst minimising disruption.
Our precision repair process will allow local inspection, fixing and relining both inside and outside the structure.
Our infrastructure Health Monitoring System will seamlessly integrate IOT technology within the asset to deliver smart, efficient, connected structures.
The hyperTunnel Process
- Continuous core sampling of index bore for detailed geological data
- Formation boring using Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) technology
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) facilitates visualisation of the geology interfaces and obstacles
- Creation of Digital Twin supporting Virtual Reality (VR) and Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology
- Pre-excavation structural preparation via chemical injection
- Post-injection structural assessment and validation using complimentary inspection techniques
- Initial slump creation through index bore reaming
- Further spoil disruption via hydraulic or sound wave fracturing
- Single pass dragline shield technology maximises efficiency
- Safe excavation performed by remote workforce
- Simple recycling of spoil without need for processing
- Option of simultaneous Sprayed Concrete Layer (SCL)
- Custom lining dependent on final application
- BIM model and Digital Twin facilitates asset sign off
- Enhanced life-cycle management through IOT monitoring and predictive maintenance
- Remaining bores provide opportunity for 3rd party services or additional reinforcement
Strategic Partners include…
“We are delighted to be a strategic partner of hyperTunnel whose approach towards tunnel construction and subsidiary applications is truly visionary. Challenging the status quo and using innovation to continually make construction safer, quicker, more sustainable and economical are shared beliefs with Master Builders Solutions.”
Cameron Bellman – Global Head Technical Marketing Underground Construction
“Our large portfolio of Victorian tunnels requires increasing levels of work to meet the needs of the railway network. However, we want to reduce disruption to our passengers so we are constantly searching for new approaches to enlarging or re-lining tunnels that reduce the length of time a tunnel will be closed to trains.”
David Castlo CEng FICE MIAM – Network Technical Head (Mining & Tunnels)
Our Advisory Board includes…
Mark Carne CBE, recent CEO of Network Rail and formerly of Shell.
Dr Kurt Zeidler of the world-renowned Gall Zeidler Consultants, specialising in tunnels and underground schemes.