This position has been filled
We are a well-funded, high-growth scale-up company aiming to disrupt and make history in the tunnelling industry and the wider world of engineering.
We have an immediate requirement to hire an Electrical / Controls Apprentice within our growing team in Basingstoke.
You are an Electrical / Controls Apprentice.
To assist with the Electrical wiring and programming of swarm robots, test fixtures and production tooling at hyperTunnel’s head office laboratory in Basingstoke and at our external test facility in Basingstoke
- Assisting with the electrical build of underground robots, test fixtures and production tooling, testing of build to ensure quality.
- Wiring to electrical schematics
- Creation of schematics
- Testing and commissioning of systems
- Electrical design of test rigs, proof of concepts and system modules depending on skill set
- Inventory control for controls components
- Support the efficient running of the electrical build areas, electrical test areas and the electrical tooling
- Basic electronics depending on skill set (design, build, testing)
- PLC programming, testing depending on skill set
- GUI and UI design, programming and testing depending on skill set
- Embedded programming depending on skill sets (Python)
This role requires the following attributes:
- a keen interest and aptitude in Electrical engineering (essential).
- a keen interest and aptitude in controls engineering (PLC programming, embedded programming, GUI programming (desired).
- reliable, organised, motivated, with good communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- a problem solver with a can do attitude.
- able to take instructions and must be a team player.
- take pride in their work with a strong focus on quality.
- able to meet agreed deadlines.
- keen to learn and grow their skills set to meet any gaps in the job description they do not fulfil.
Qualifications & Experience
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Level 2 gained and working towards a relevant Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Grade 5 or above in both GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics
If you are interested in this position, please email us with your CV.