This position has been filled
We are a well-funded, high-growth scale-up company aiming to disrupt and make history in the tunnelling industry and the wider world of engineering.
We have an immediate requirement to hire a Fabrication Apprentice within our growing team in Basingstoke.
You are a Fabrication Apprentice.
You will assist with the building of swam robots, test fixtures and production tooling at hyperTunnel’s head office laboratory in Basingstoke.
- Assisting with mechanical build of underground robots, test fixtures and production tooling, testing of build to ensure quality.
- Supervised and unsupervised use of workshop machine tools if certified to do so – lathe, milling machine, pillar drill, band saw, plasma cutter.
- Basic design and use of 3D printers.
- Use of standard hand tools.
- Support simple electrical build and wiring.
- Support of basic testing.
This role requires the following attributes:
- a keen interest and aptitude in Mechanical engineering (essential)
- a keen interest and aptitude in Electrical engineering (desired)
- reliable, organised, motivated, with good communication skills and a high attention to detail
- a problem solver with a can-do attitude
- able to take instructions and learning from the Fabricator
- take pride in your work with a strong focus on quality
- meet agreed deadlines
- be a team player
Qualifications & Experience
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Level 2 gained and working towards a relevant Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Grade 5 or above in both GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics
If you are interested in this position, please email us with your CV.