Head of Ground Engineering
We are a well-funded, high-growth scale-up company aiming to disrupt and make history in the tunnelling industry and the wider world of engineering.
We have an immediate requirement to hire a strong team player to build and manage a team of experts in the Geotechnical and Geophysical domains.
It is expected that you will be a Senior Geotechnical/Geophysics/Geospatial Engineer with proven team management skills both on and off site.
You will be charged with developing our disruptive methodology to the next level through the work of your own team and in collaboration with the other Engineering teams (Robotics, Data…).
This role requires the following attributes:
- The ability to prioritise at all times
- Creativity and adaptability
- Capacity to move at pace
- Sound judgement
- Presentation skills and the talent to explain complex matters in simple, non-technical terms
- PhD or Masters’ degree in the relevant field
- 10+ year experience in the industry
- Chartered engineer or similar
- Working knowledge of design and analysis of large civil engineering projects using relevant simulation/ survey tools (e.g. PLAXIS, GPR, Seismic etc.) preferably including tunnels.
- Experience in R&D/product development would be beneficial.
hyperTunnel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that respects, supports and inspires all individuals and in which HR processes are merit-based and applied without any discrimination.