Robot Fleet Tester
We are a well-funded, high-growth scale-up company aiming to disrupt and make history in the tunnelling industry and the wider world of engineering.
We have an immediate requirement to hire a Robot Fleet Tester on a permanent contract within our growing team in Basingstoke.
As a Robot Tester at hyperTunnel, you will play a crucial role in verifying the functionality, safety, and reliability of our robotic systems.
You will collaborate closely with our engineering teams to conduct comprehensive testing and provide valuable feedback for product improvement. You will report to the Automation Engineer and the role will be based at our Head Office laboratory in Basingstoke.
Test Planning and Documentation:
- Develop detailed test plans, test cases, and test scripts based on product specifications and requirements
- Maintain clear and organized records of all test activities, including test procedures, results, and issues identified.
- Conduct functional testing to ensure that the robot’s hardware and software components perform as designed.
- Verify the accuracy of robotic movements, sensors, and communication systems.
- Evaluate the safety features of the robot
- Identify potential safety risks and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Assess the performance of the robot in various operating conditions, such as different terrains and environmental factors.
- Measure and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to speed, accuracy, and endurance.
- Populate the Sales Brochure with key performance parameters for our products
- Regularly share performance data for our product suite with key stakeholders
- Document and report defects, issues, and anomalies discovered during testing.
- Collaborate with designers to troubleshoot and resolve identified problems.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts to streamline repetitive testing tasks and improve test coverage.
- Participate in post-release and post-implementation reviews to provide feedback for product enhancement.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in robotics testing.
- Formulate key conclusions and share
- Make recommendations for improving test method , user interfaces, or the products themselves
This role requires the following attributes:
- Reliable, organised, motivated, with good communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Have the confidence to ask for help or guidance, but also the confidence to share feedback on products with peers and stakeholders
- Able to take instructions and keen to learn
- Take pride in your work with a strong focus on quality
- Driven to continually improve processes and methods
- Meet agreed deadlines
- Be a team player
Qualifications & Experience
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Previous experience in a test environment
- Previous experience regularly communicating out results and progress
- Grade 6 or above in both GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Proficiency in using testing tools and frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
If you are interested in this position, please email and confirm whether you have a British or Irish passport or have been granted a visa to work in the UK. You can prove your right to work to an employer by obtaining a Share Code Online via: www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work/get-a-share-code-online.