This position has been filled
We are a well-funded, high-growth scale-up company aiming to disrupt and make history in the tunnelling industry and the wider world of engineering.
We have an immediate requirement to hire a Temporary Robot Fleet Tester within our growing team in Basingstoke.
You are a Temporary Robot Fleet Tester.
You will cycle test our robot fleet and log faults and will be provided with the necessary training. The contract is for 3 months. You will report to the Automation Engineer and the role will be based at our Head Office laboratory in Basingstoke.
- Turning on robots in test pipes.
- Starting the test program on a company laptop for each robot.
- Ensuring that cables do not snag and halt testing.
- Logging any faults encountered or seek advice on faults from engineers if the fault is not clear.
- Restarting robots via a laptop after a fault.
- Turning off robots at the end of testing.
- Sharing test results at the end of testing.
This role requires the following attributes:
- eliable, organised, motivated, with good communication skills and a high attention to detail.
- a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- able to take instructions and learn
- take pride in your work with a strong focus on quality
- meet agreed deadlines
- be a team player
Qualifications & Experience
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering or software engineering would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in a test environment would be desirable.
- Grade 5 or above in both GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent).
If you are interested in this position, please email and confirm whether you have a British or Irish passport or have been granted a visa to work in the UK. You can prove your right to work to an employer by obtaining a Share Code Online via: www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work/get-a-share-code-online.