This position has been filled
We are a well-funded, high-growth scale-up company aiming to disrupt and make history in the tunnelling industry and the wider world of engineering.
We have an immediate requirement to hire a Senior Geotechnical Engineer within our growing team in Basingstoke.
You are a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with a demonstrable background in a related industry
You will advise, guide and design geotechnical solutions in conjunction with the hyperTunnel toolset, in addition to working with external parties and the hyperTunnel team to meet client and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of material testing principals for soil, rocks, and man-made composites, extending to relevant ASTM/BS testing standards.
- Understanding and experience in geotechnical investigation methods and theory, with a confidence to adapt these where necessary to emerging technology
- Understanding and experience in geotechnical design and theory, with a confidence to adapt these where necessary to emerging technology, while navigating typical design requirements of the civil construction industry.
- Data analysis and insight generation. hyperTunnel’s process results in potentially large swathes of process data pertaining to their construction processes. It is desirable that senior engineers demonstrate the ability to investigate, analyse and command appropriate insights from such data, therein informing design, process and construction decisions. Comprehension of statistical methods is favourable.
- Generation and support of geotechnical testing schedules and programmes.
- Keep up with new and relevant technologies by conducting research to identify and apply new systems, innovations and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs
- Suggest and lead multidiscipline projects and plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues in adjacent departments (Process, robotics, geophysical…) to ensure works are aligned.
- Record, process and evaluate testing data, altering designs as necessary to bring them to relevant safety, performance, and efficiency standards
- Produce detail technical reports to summarise findings and provide recommendations
- Collaborate with other hyperTunnel engineers to author and and/or publish industry papers
- Investigate and undertake analysis on how to improve existing projects
- Work closely with Operations and PMO to describe specific requirements
- Communicate effectively with the clients, colleagues and contractors involved in a project
- Attend weekly team meetings to provide progress reports on live project or other tasks as required
- Be able to work effectively on assigned tasks as well as identify and pursue tasks that need tackling
- Train and mentor younger staff to help develop and increase their knowledge and capabilities
This role requires the following attributes:
- The ability to prioritise at all times
- Self-motivated and decisive
- Creativity and adaptability
- Capacity to move at pace
- Sound judgement
- Presentation skills and the talent to explain complex matters in simple, non-technical terms
Qualifications & Experience
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Masters Degree or higher, or proven academic track record
- 5 years minimum experience in similar environment with demonstrable high achievement
- Finite Element simulation of civil and/or geotechnical with an industry standard tool such as Plaxis
- Ability to project manage your own delivery to meet defined objectives
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong awareness of industry standards and governance and designing to meet requirements.
- Specifying test regimes and design of test equipment
- Ability to present technically to board level
If you are interested in this position, please email us with your CV.